How To Get Backlinks
There are so many books and resources available on how to get backlinks to improve search engine rankings that it can make your head spin. You’ll be glad to know, however, that SEO and link building is not nearly as complex as you might think. Sure there are many details and link building strategies to master, but being successful at SEO comes down to three fundamentals – quality content, on-page SEO, and off-page SEO.
First and foremost it’s about creating quality content. Without it nothing else matters. You can have a perfectly optimized website and master all the strategies on how to get backlinks but none of it will matter if you don’t produce good content. Google’s sole driving force is to provide a good user experience. Do you think you’re going to get any love from Google or any of the other search engines if you are publishing junk?
After quality content comes on-page and off-page SEO, which I covered in the article I wrote about how to improve search engine rankings. If you follow these three fundamentals you will have tremendous success with SEO. Now let’s get into the nitty gritty details on how to get backlinks to get your website to the top of the search engine rankings!
How To Get Backlinks: 16 Website Link Building Strategies
Obviously with so many strategies to get backlinks to your website, I cannot provide indepth details here or I would have to write a book. Instead what I’m going to do is highlight the 16 things you can do to get backlinks and then I’m going to recommend a book that provides specific details on how to implement each one. First, let’s take a look at the link building strategies you can do right now…
- Article marketing
- Video marketing
- Forum posting
- Blog commenting
- Guest blogging
- Press releases
- Directory submissions
- Link wheels
- Link networks
- Social networking (Twitter, Facebook, MySpace)
- Social bookmarking
- Web 2.0 (Squidoo, HubPages)
- Link bait
- Affiliate programs
- Buying “backlink” packets
This list might be overwhelming but the good news is most of your competition aren’t doing these things and if they are, they probably aren’t doing them right. If you do even a handful of these methods correctly, you will crush your competition in the rankings. Your websites will soar to the top of the search engine rankings and you’ll have all the free traffic you could ever want!
Now you’re probably wondering specifically how to get backlinks implementing these strategies. For that, I highly recommend an ebook called Link Building Domination written by Josip Barbaric. I’ll be honest, I don’t know Josip personally but his SEO blueprint was recommended to me by another successful SEO professional that I know and trust. I was looking for a detailed ebook I could recommend since I didn’t want to write one myself. Without hesitation my SEO friend recommended Link Building Domination.
After reading it, I was very impressed. Overall, my impression was that if I would have written a detailed “how to get backlinks” blueprint, this would have been it. Josip covered all the white-hat strategies that successful SEO marketers use to get backlinks to push their websites to the top of the search engine rankings. And by “white-hat strategies” I mean strategies that won’t get you into trouble with the search engines and that will make your backlinks stick (and count) over the long term.
Link Building Domination is 51 pages long and it is a real nuts and bolts guide on how to do link building effectively so that you avoid the dreaded “Google deathtrap,” and instead get your websites to the top of the search engines.
Link Building Domination contains five sections that cover these topics:
1. Link Building & SEO Facts/FAQ – this section will save you a lot of time and headache as it explains all the facts about SEO and debunks all SEO myths so you know exactly what you should and shouldn’t do.
2. Backlinking Methods & How To Implement Each One – this section explains most of the link building strategies I’ve outlined in this article and then shows you in detail how to implement each one to help get your websites ranked high in the search engines.
3. A List of Must-Have Free Link Building Tools – put your credit card away because you won’t need it. In this section Josip provides all the FREE tools you’ll need for all your link building efforts.
4. Link Building Hacks & Techniques – here you’ll learn how to find your own quality websites, forums, and blogs to get backlinks from to help boost your rankings. And the best part is your competition won’t know about these sites!
5. The Blueprint – this is the best part of Link Building Domination because you get a complete step-by-step roadmap on link building. For example, it will tell you in week one do this, in week two do this, etc. It’s impossible to fail if you can simply read and follow directions!
If you’re like me, your hard drive is full of ebooks on all aspects of SEO – including how to get backlinks but what makes Link Building Domination different is that it has everything you need to know about SEO and link building all in one ebook. And better yet, it provides step-by-step instructions (i.e. a literal blueprint) that you can follow so it’s impossible to fail.
I highly recommend Link Building Domination if you’ve been struggling getting your websites to rank in the search engines. If you buy it and you don’t agree with me that it’s one of the best ebooks on SEO and link building you’ve purchased to date, just return it. Josip provides a 60-day money-back guarantee – although I doubt you’ll need it as Josip says less than 1% of the people that buy it ask for a refund – it’s that solid of a book.